With the fast growth of the digital world is evident, we all need to secure our online lives with all means possible. You can all agree with me, that if you all wake up to Facebook or Instagram to post your previous beautiful photos or some achievements ,you wouldn’t give all your info to the online society. And that’s why I have researched some of the 5 Best Security-Distro Linux Distributions 2021 that will keep you anonymous irrespective of the geo-location.Also to the geek community or hacktivists you all need to post that burning article maybe about a government or private institution but you fear being unmasked. With one of these Linux distro it’s a free world for you.
Qubes OS is a free and open-source, security-oriented operating system for single-user desktop computing. Qubes OS leverages Xen-based virtualization to allow for the creation and management of isolated compartments called qubes. These qubes, which are implemented as virtual machines (VMs), have specific:
- Purposes: with a predefined set of one or many isolated applications, for personal or professional projects, to manage the network stack, the firewall, or to fulfill other user-defined purposes.
- Natures: full-fledged or stripped-down virtual machines based on popular operating systems, such as Fedora, Debian, and Windows.
- Levels of trust: from complete to non-existent. All windows are displayed in a unified desktop environment with unforgeable colored window borders so that different security levels are easily identifiable.
Qubes eliminates this concern by allowing us to divide a device into many compartments, much as we divide a physical building into many rooms. Better yet, it allows us to create new compartments whenever we need them, and it gives us sophisticated tools for securely managing our activities and data across these compartments. Learn more about Qubes Os
It is a portable operating system that protects against surveillance and censorship. Tails includes a selection of applications to work on sensitive documents and communicate securely. All the applications are ready-to-use and are configured with safe defaults to prevent mistakes.
- Tor Browser with uBlock, a secure browser and an ad-blocker
- Thunderbird, for encrypted emails
- KeePassXC, to create and store strong passwords
- LibreOffice, an office suite
- OnionShare, to share files over Tor
To prevent mistakes:
- Applications are blocked automatically if they try to connect to the Internet without Tor.
- Everything in the Persistent Storage is encrypted automatically.
- Tails does not write anything to the hard disk. All the memory is deleted when shutting down.
Everything you do on the Internet from Tails goes through the Tor network. Tor encrypts and anonymizes your connection by passing it through 3 relays. Relays are servers operated by different people and organizations around the world. Learn more about Tails
BlackArch Linux is an Arch Linux-based penetration testing distribution for penetration testers and security researchers. The repository contains 2678 tools. You can install tools individually or in groups. BlackArch Linux is compatible with existing Arch installs. Learn more about BlackArch
Whonix ™ is software designed to preserve privacy and anonymity by helping users run applications anonymously. Whonix ™ can be installed on Windows, macOS and Linux. Whonix also comes pre-installed in Qubes (Qubes-Whonix ™). To protect a user’s anonymity on the Internet all connections are forced through the Tor network and numerous security mechanisms are deployed. Learn more about Whonix
It is an operating system with the special purpose of protecting data (more precisely: people) against surveillance attacks with trojan software. It is designed for ease of use by people without deeper computer knowledge but high security requirements. It creates a secure, isolated environment for processing and encrypting/decrypting sensitive data.
Even strong end-to-end encryption becomes worthless if the attacker can control the systems that perform the encryption. Discreete Linux brings the endpoints of encrypted communication out of reach of trojan attacks.