A virtual private network (VPN) extends a private network across a public network, and enables users to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if their computing devices were directly connected to the private network. Applications running on a computing device, e.g., a laptop, desktop, smartphone, across a VPN may therefore benefit from the functionality, security, and management of the private network.
- Remote control. In the case of a company, the great advantage of having a VPN is that the information can be accessed remotely even from home or from any other place. That’s why a VPN can increase productivity within a company.
- Unblock websites & bypass filters. VPNs are great for accessing blocked websites or for bypassing Internet filters. This is why there is an increased number of VPN services used in countries where Internet censorship is applied.
- Change the IP address. If you need an IP address from another country, then a VPN can provide you this.
- Better performance. Bandwidth and efficiency of the network can generally be increased once a VPN solution is implemented.
- Reduce costs. Once a VPN network is created, the maintenance cost is very low. More than that, if you opt for a service provider, the network setup and surveillance is no more a concern.
- Enhanced security. When you connect to the network through a VPN, the data is kept secure and encrypted. In this way, the information is away from the hackers’ eyes. https://bit.ly/2nPEiUZ